Any modern device intended for the end consumer must be not only functional, but also aesthetic. Attractive designs are increasingly becoming the primary choice for consumers. Industrial design allows solving these problems, and modern 3D technologies simplify this process.
3D modeling , printing on a 3D printer and prototype manufacturing – today, integral stages of the development process of a new device. The prototype of the finished product allows you to identify its shortcomings even before starting the production process with minimal costs.
KLONA company developed a 3D model, created a prototype, and also made a silicone mold for small-scale production enclosures for switches (control panel) for INVEX Telecom – a leading engineering company in Ukraine.
Steps to Create a Switch Chassis
1. First of all, we received and studied the drawings, specifications and product descriptions. Then we started building a 3D model of the switch case based on specialized CAD software, taking into account all the small details specified in the specification.
2. After agreeing on the finished 3D model with the customer, it was important to prepare the object for printing on a 3D printer and eliminate the problematic parts of the model for casting.
3. Sequential model printing … For ease of printing, the product model was divided into individual component parts, after which the printed product components were glued and sanded to obtain a master model with a high quality surface.
4. The next step is to prepare a special design to create a silicone mold for the master model of the case.
5. Casting silicone mold according to the master model of the product, taking into account the technological features of casting, as well as taking into account the location of the sprues, holes for air exhaust during the casting process.
6. Coordination of the design of the injection mold with the technologist and trial casting of the case …
7. The casting procedure is repeated for each part that is replicated in the small-scale production of the switch enclosure.
8. At the end of the process of manufacturing solid-state elements, it was necessary to produce soft body gaskets from silicone.
9. Upon completion of the casting process of all parts of the device body, the fixing rigidity and surface bending were checked for compliance with the technology requirements and the customer’s wishes.
10. So consistently for every detail was casting of the entire run has been completed …
Advantages of silicone molding
Silicone – This is an excellent material for the production of a casting mold, which allows high-quality casting of a product from such materials as: polyester, polyurethane, epoxy resins, etc.
Silicone allows for fully sealed connections. Silicone molds are UV and chemical resistant.
Silicone casting gives the following benefits :
- ease of use of silicone molds;
- the ability to make strong undercuts and thin parts;
- ease of separation of the finished product from the mold;
- flexibility of forms, allowing to reduce the degree of resistance and internal stress of parts;
- there are no breaks when applied again;
- silicone molds can withstand 20-100 casting cycles.
Company KLONA offers services of 3d modeling and manufacturing of silicone molds for small-scale production. Loyal prices and high quality of finished products will please you.