3D modeling technologies
3D modeling technologies have dramatically improved the mold creation process. If earlier there were difficulties with the elaboration of small details and patterns, now it is easy to implement any, even non-standard, idea of a mold for concrete.
There may be different requirements for molding tools, but a 3D shape will convey the smallest details with high precision. High-quality molds provide mass production of products of any complexity:
- paving slabs;
- curly products;
- interior products;
- decorative panels.
KLONA offers comprehensive mold making services – from 3D modeling before the launch of small-scale and large-scale production in Ukraine and Russia.
Scope of application of molds for press concrete
Molds for pressed concrete (stamped concrete) are necessary for the manufacture of concrete surfaces. The technology is especially popular when creating decorative finishes:
- facades of houses;
- interior walls;
- garden paths;
- interior elements (fireplaces, stairs, columns, arches).
Depending on the stamp, concrete takes on the shape and relief of natural stone, wood or any other surface. 3D panel shapes make it easy to simulate tiles, paving stones or mosaics.
You can also create a 3D effect on the wall, giving the interior an unusual look.
Stages of making a mold for decorative concrete
When forming the technical assignment for the manufacture of molds, the format of the future product, its shape and features of the products for which the molding equipment is being developed is taken into account.
Product design development
The design of the mold contains parameters that will provide the necessary technological characteristics of the products.
3D model of the mold
Before manufacturing the mold, the industrial designer KLONA creates it 3D model … To do this, we use photographs, sketches, drawings, technical documentation and other information that helps in creating a realistic model. You can also make copies of finished products by creating a 3D model.
The prototype mold can be 3D printed or made from solid plastic (depending on the size and timing of the project). Prototyping allows you to evaluate the functionality of the mold, check its performance and make the necessary changes if required. The prototype is tested for quality and compliance with the technical specifications. If required, the mold is polished, the surface is embossed, patterned, glossy or, conversely, matte.
Launch into production
The successful prototype of the mold (which turned out initially and went through the finalization stage) is put into production. At this stage, the required number of forms that are required for the manufacture of concrete products are calculated.
The choice of material is influenced by the requirements for the quality of finished products and the scale of production.
Buy molds for press concrete to order
The KLONA company offers the production of molds for stamped concrete from polyurethane and plastic:
- Plastic molds are a budget solution for starting a business or for small-scale production of concrete products. When used correctly, molds are characterized by dimensional stability and wear resistance over a long period (200-500 production cycles).
- Polyurethane molds are durable, designed for mass production. They are characterized by high flexibility and tensile strength. Perfectly convey the shape of the relief to the concrete impression.
The materials have low adhesion to concrete, so the products are easily detached from the mold, facilitating the production process. Dense decorative 3D stamps for concrete clearly convey the pattern and relief. Our technical equipment allows us to manufacture standard and design molds: with any relief, non-standard sizes and shapes.
Customized concrete mold price
The cost of making a mold depends on several factors:
- categories of complexity of the process;
- product material;
- the size and shape of the product;
- features of the geometry of the product;
- terms of project implementation;
- the volume of the production batch.
The timing of the project, the material and the volume of batches are the key points in the formation of the price for the manufacture of molds.
A quick budget option is silicone molds. Their resource is limited to a few production runs, but production can be started faster.
More expensive, requiring detailed development and a long production process, are polyurethane molds, which do not have a limitation on the service life (provided they are used correctly).
The minimum production time for molds is 3 months.
Advantages: why it is worth ordering concrete molds from KLONA
- production of molds on high-precision equipment;
- high quality of the drawing and pattern transmitted to the product;
- quality control of materials used for the manufacture of molds;
- a variety of projections, shapes and patterns;
- the ability to manufacture any number of 3D shapes;
- the ability to implement complex sizes and geometry of molds.
Entrust the solution of your production tasks to the specialists of the KLONA company. We are able to develop and launch into production original molds for concrete of any complexity!