Description of technology
Selective Laser Powder Sintering (SLS) technology, uses the layer-by-layer principle of creating a 3D object, allows to manufacture complex structured parts and is used for the release of a small batch of products or prototypes.
The main advantage of this method is that it allows the manufacture of products with almost unlimited complexity. At the same time, there is no need to design and manufacture supporting structures, this function is performed by the material itself.
Order SLS 3D printing services from KLONA. Our experts will study your problem in detail and offer the best solution.
SLS Printing Price
The price of SLS printing with metal or powder depends on the following factors.
- Printing material.
- Print time.
- The need to do post-processing of the printed model.
Equipment and materials
Our equipment: EOS Formiga P100 SLS printer
At KLONA you can order 3D printing from the following materials.
White polyamide … Cost: basic 180 UAH + 126 UAH / cm.
Aluminum (aluminum + polyamide). Price: basic 180 UAH + 105 UAH / cm.
Cobalt is chromium. Cost: from 1890 UAH / cm.
Benefits of SLS 3D Printing
The advantages of the SLS printing method in comparison with other additive technologies:
- there is no need for supporting structures, this function is performed by the material itself;
- the ability to manufacture a product of any complexity;
- the ability to manufacture several products at the same time;
- faster speed compared to other printing methods.
Disadvantages of SLS 3D printing
- preparation for work (heating the powder and maintaining the required temperature) takes longer;
- rough, porous structure of the final product, requiring further processing;
- the working chamber needs constant cleaning from powder residues, especially in the case of a change in the composition of the material;
- high cost of consumables and equipment.
3D SLS Printing Applications
1. Printing prototypes …
2. Manufacturing of products with complex design or geometry.
3. Aircraft, shipbuilding and mechanical engineering.
4. Space industry.
5. Creation of art objects.
SLS 3D PRINTING STEPS
Development of a 3D model
The three-dimensional model is developed in a special program and is an exact copy of the future device. Depending on the complexity of the object 3D modeling can take from several hours to one week.
Material selection and cost calculation
The material of the future product is selected depending on the initial requirements. to the quality and strength of products. The final price will depend on all of the above factors.
Launching 3D printing
The finished 3D model is loaded into the printer and 3D printing is started. In the future, it will be possible to make unlimited number of copies.
If you need to print a quality product – contact KLONA. We will implement your project from idea to finished product.